Monday, February 13, 2012

Realization for the week...

I have a dear friend who is trying to lose weight on a different plan.  She has been very successful, but this week end she commented that she is sick of her plan.  She has been doing this since before Christmas.  My friend didn’t say she wanted to quit her plan, but she is frustrated with it when life gets in the way.  Weight Watchers and life aren’t always compatible for me either.  Her call out helped me realize that I have been cheating on my new lifestyle.  Having her going on a similar journey and seeing her struggle parallel mine is motivating.  We all have moments of weakness.  Weakness looks different for different people. 
I have been doing Weight Watchers for 5 ½-6 weeks.  I said in my previous post I still am motivated to keep going.  This is normally where I lose steam in leading a healthy lifestyle.  And that has happened, but I didn’t recognize it at the time.  I guess I never have recognized it until after I gained weight back.  My dedication is still there, but I have been wavering and finding ways to cheat myself.  I am cheating because I didn’t track everything or I fudged records.  It isn’t that I don’t want to lose weight or be healthy.  It is more so that there are so many temptations in my environment.  I can’t completely clear my house of the stuff that will take me down the path I don’t want to be on.  I have a husband who wants to enjoy food (for lack of a better phrase) and have a skinny wife.  I need to learn how to better deal with the world I live in, and get stronger against the temptation.
What is helping my motivation not completely bottom out is going to meetings, having an encouraging leader, and a support system around me.

2 comments:

  1. I know we both will be successful with our goals, no one said it would be easy, they just said it would be worth it. Thank you for helping me, I'm glad I have you to support me though my journey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad to have your support too. If it was easy, everyone would do it.

      Delete