Thursday, February 23, 2012

2 Steps Forward and 1 Step Back

Last night, I got a migraine during my Weight Watchers meeting, so I came home and slept it off.


I feel like my weightloss journey is paying homage to the saying of “Two Steps Forward and One Step Back.”  I lose a good portion one week and gain a little the next.  I know a lot of variables go into the result I see on the scale each week. It is so frustrating to see a mini goal so close, and miss it.  It is the proverbial dangling carrot.  Last week took me to a total of 9.6 pounds gone and up to 9 this week…ten is mocking me.  If I can lose 10.4 I will be at my 5% goal.  Two goals are staring me in the face.
When I weighed in the woman weighing me in tried to help me determine the slight increase in my weight this week.    It could have been a variety of things, but the thing that stuck out to me is stress.  The past week has been very stressful for me.  Part of my lifestyle change is realizing all of the unhealthy things I have been doing to cope with the negative things in life.  I don’t think I over ate this week, but I definitely, could have made better choices.  Succumbing to the comfort food only made it worth it that day not a few days later when I was weighing in.  If I had gotten better foods into my diet, I would have felt better and probably handled the stress better.
When you are losing weight, it is healthy to expect your weight to go down, down, up, down, same, because you and your body are adjusting to your way of life.  I have been told the slower the weight comes off the longer and more likely it will stay off.  WW and medical professionals recommend losing 1-2 pounds per week.  I am still within that average.  It still feels like I am making such slow progress, but I am making progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment