Thursday, June 30, 2011

Some reflection

In reading my post from yesterday, I have come up with a couple of conclusions on myself.  I am sure that is what the purpose of the exercise anyway.
1.  I am good at doing stuff for others and not for myself.
2. I really care what others think of me, and look to others for validation.  This needs to stop.
3. I need to figure out what I want out of life - personally and professionally.
a.  Then, I need to figure out how to get myself there.

I was talking to a co-worker today.  I was telling her that I used to be a dreamer (anyone who has known me most of my life can vouch for that).  I had dreams and a clear vision of how to achieve those dreams.  I got off track.  I am in the process of questioning how I got off track.  I don't think dreaming is a bad thing at all.  It is part of my authentic self.

Now to figure out how to get myself back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment