Saturday, June 18, 2011

New beginning


Ecc 7:8TNIV "the end of the matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride"
I am not particularly religious, but this quote spoke to me.  I have a definite problem sticking with any healthy lifestyle regime.  I don’t know why.  I am giving myself 1 month to figure out why.  Afterall, admitting there is a problem is the first step in solving it, and you can’t solve a problem unless you know the cause…well most of the time anyway.

By July 18, 2011 I will understand why I feel like I never finish anything.  I will set a plan in motion to prevent myself from quitting in my journey to achieve a healthy lifestyle. 

In my previous post I mentioned that I am reading Jillian Michael’s, Unlimited.  I hope this book to be a tool to help me regain myself back.  Since getting married and having kids I have lost myself.  I do feel that is part of the problem I have in that I haven’t achieved my health and fitness goals.  The other part is the resources I have available or not available.  I have the ability to exercise at home, and as long as the weather is nice I can go from runs, walks, bike rides outside.  I would like to take fitness classes, but there is no real gym with fitness classes here.  I do have DVDs, but they just aren’t as fun or motivating to me.  

Here is to a new beginning with a better ending.  I am swallowing my pride and pursuing the journey with patience.    

No comments:

Post a Comment