Thursday, July 14, 2011

More on motivation

My husband's favorite quote to me when I am down on myself about my health regime is "JUST DO IT!"  I have been very unmotivated lately.  My brain is fried by time I come home and I just want to veg out.  I do things that are not good for me - mainly sitting on my tush on-line. 

I have a friend who is in awesome shape.  I know it did not happen overnight for her, so why should I expect the same of myself?  She has a blog.  On Tuesdays she has a tip of the day.  Today's tip was to make a plan and stick to it.

I  can come up with plans like you wouldn’t believe.  Carrying them out is another thing.  I plan my meals for the week.  I even write it on the calendar on the fridge.  Rarely, do I stick to it.  I even started putting out my work out schedule on the same calendar.  I have not followed it at all. 

Today I got an e-mail from a dear friend.  She saw something that made her think of me.  It was a quote on a facebook page she likes – Simply Positive.  The quote is, “I can, I will, I am _____”.  The point is to fill in the blank with something positive.  Right now, the best word to fill in the blank for me is motivated.  My mantra for the day is “I can, I will, I am motivated.”  After all, what you think about you bring about.  I will continue to think I am healthy and soon I will be healthy.

1 comment:

  1. "Just Do It" Pisses me off also. If it was that easy we would be doing it. Guess different strokes for different folk as my mom would say. I'm glad you found Simply Positive helpful. We all need a mantra usually mine Please just let me get through this day! I will think positive thoughts about both of us! Piglet

    ReplyDelete