- I will lose 3” from my total body measurements from this morning. I lost 1.25", That was about 42% of my goal
- I will take my vitamins daily. I took them 5 out of 7 days for a percent of 71%. I think 70% is successful.
- I will exercise for 180 minutes. I did not log minutes. I know I did 90...
- I will log my food for 5 days. I did not log food either.
The biggest thing that I think is a big step in the right direction for me is that I started 5K training again. I have committed to myself to not take any shortcuts this time around. I am committing to myself that I will continue to run races to keep myself going. I felt really good about my first run. The route I took was the perfect distance for the time. I started and ended at the door to our townhouse. I rocked the second run. I ran the same route and had to go around my block 1 more time.
I had two other things come to fruition for me. One was inspiration I get from various sources. Friends, family, and blogs to name a few. I have friends who inspire me by doing and friends and family who inspire me by believing in me. Belief in me a HUGE inspiration and motivation. I had a friend run a marathon this week end. She ran 26.2 miles. You can read her re-cap here: http://motivationalmom2.blogspot.com/. 3 1/2 years ago she was miserable from being overweight and today (well this week), she is running freaking marathons.
The second part of this motivation comes from trying to break down the walls I have built around myself that inhibit me from sticking with my goals. I don't really know what they are, but they are there. I can feel them. Biggest Loser watchers know what I am talking about. The most successful contestants seem to have this break through on the show. This breakdown is something I have been yearning for. The feeling of pain to get me to heal. One of the trainers even said that this week to one of the contestants. I believe there is so much truth there. Until I can deal with my demons I don't think I can properly heal into a healthy person. The next steps in my journey is to figure out what these demons are and how to overcome them. What can I do to bring the old April back and "feel the fear and do it anyway" and "dance like no one is watching".
With this new outlook comes new goals.
- I will journal on paper or on this blog 3 more times this week. The goal of this journalling is to overcome what is holding me back.
- I will create a list of 10 positive things that happen to me this week.
- I will stick to the C25K training plan of 3 running sessions and 3 other work out sessions.
- I will take my vitamins everyday.