Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Body Pump

I have been in a slump for quite a few weeks.  I am trying to figure out what I can do to get back on track with tracking.  I feel like I say this each week since I fell off.

Enough whining on that topic.

I was remiss last week in my update.  I lost some of the weight I gained the week before, but gained .2 this week.  SOOOOOO, it is even more important that I get back on track.  I am behind on my plan.

Last week we talked about plan B for fitting in activity.  For me, I don't consider it a plan B.  If I can't get my booty to the Y, I crank up the music in the kitchen and have a dance party.  I don't even think about it.  It just happens.  THen there is the keeping up with the yungins.

Today, we talked about adding color to your diet.  Our leader started the meeting with, "What do you think/feel when things are colorful?"  Members responded with "Cheerful" "Energized" "Grateful"...all very positive and healthy words.  The leader than turned it around and said, "What do you think adding color to your plate will do?"  It will make me feel energized, cheerful, healthy.  How about you?

We went on to talk about adding color to 3 different meals:
1. Eggs and Toast
2. Lunch meat on a hoagie roll
3. Steak and baked potato

The most common way to add color to any of these is broccoli...so think of other things you can add.
I like to put asparagus and/or diced tomatoes in my eggs.  I like cucumbers, spinach, red onion, and olives on my sandwiches.  Salsas are good on baked potatoes.

After WW I went to a new to me class at the Y.  I figure this is my best bet to get off the plateau.  It is called BodyPump.  It is an hour long class that uses a barbell/weights.   I hurt already.  TO give credit where credit is due...DH told me I needed to do strength training because I am literally working my butt off - seriously, there is less booty.  My pants are getting really baggy in the back,.

No comments:

Post a Comment