Thursday, April 5, 2012

Anchors

So, I have been off track for several weeks.  Yes, I have been losing consistently week after week, but I have not been tracking :/  This week I gained 3 pounds. 

Where did these 3 pounds come from?  Lack of planning, lack of tracking, not a lack of indulging.  Yesterday, was my birthday and I have been celebrating since Saturday. About three weeks ago I fell off the "track everything I eat" wagon and "plan meals in advance" wagon.

It is really hard to get back on track.  I have a friend who once told me, "It takes 21 days to create a habit and six to break it."  YIKES!  I broke my perfectly good habit.

Last night in Weight Watchers we talked about finding your anchor.  An anchor is something that grounds you to your goal.  It could be a picture, a mantra, an object, ecetera.  We were discussing different anchors other members use.  It dawned on me that my anchor is something that our leader said in one of the first meetings I attended.  She said that we all have made attempts to lose weight before.  She asked us to explore what has worked for us in the past.  This lead to "You ___ before; you can ____ again."  I tracked before; I will track again.  I was on track before; I will be on track again.  I lost weight on the plan; I will lose weight on the plan again.  I planned my meals; I will plan my meals again.



No comments:

Post a Comment