For those of you that know me, know that I am pretty talented about jumping from subject to subject. I realized that this trait was genetically inherited.
I am going to cut to the chase: This post is most of the random stuff I am thankful for...I got inspiration from all my Facebook Friends declaring their thankfulness each day during the month of November. Well, even though I know I can find 30 things to be thankful for, I don't think I can remember to post one a day...so here it is in random order:
1. I am thankful for my daughters. They have taught me a type of love I did not know existed, to slow down, to be proud, to be more grateful, and to appreciate the things around me. I look forward to their hugs and kisses. They motivate me to be a better person and to better my health.
2. I am thankful for my family. Each member in my family has helped me develop into the person I am today. I learned to be random, strong, persistent, loving, respectful, and caring from them.
3. I am thankful for the friendships I have developed in my hometown. These are friendships that still grow over time. I appreciate how when I go "home" I can get together with one of these friends, and we pick up right where we left off.
4. I am thankful for my "girls". These girls came into my life around my freshman and sophomore years of college. I love the dynamic of our group. They are like family to me. I hold dear the special memories I have with each one. Whether it is becoming one of my first friends in college (I would have spent the whole semester keeping to myself in English class had you not introduced yourself to me), the time we spent together during one of my summer internships, eating cookies while complaining about boys in my dorm room, working on projects for class, or the nicknames created for me.
5. I am thankful for Weight Watchers. Thanks to WW I feel so much better than I did a year ago. I have more energy and knowledge to lead a healthier life. It is wonderful to have a sounding board to help overcome your obstacles and celebrate your successes.
6. I am thankful for the YMCA. There is so much I could say about how I love the Y. I love the welcoming atmosphere. The entire staff is friendly and encouraging. The staff in the childcare center are wonderful with the kids, and most of the time remember their names. The Y has also helped me become healthier.
7. I am thankful for the way my body is changing. Yes, I would like my waist to whittle away faster, but I am seeing definition in places I have not seen definition in a very long time. My face and neck are a lot thinner. I actually love a picture taken of me over the week end.
8. I am thankful for one of my "girls" encouraging me to find a church. I think she realized how spiritual of a person I am, and how that aspect of me has been neglected.
9. I am thankful that I found a church quickly. The first time I went to the church I chose, I saw WW members at the service. The next time I went, I sat next to my one of my daughter's teacher. The pastors are welcoming and give interesting sermons.
10. I am thankful for my dog. She is there for me when I have a bad day. She is always excited to see me.
11. I am thankful for having a job, so I can provide for my family.
12. I am thankful for my JS momma friends. Thank you, for opening my mind to so many things over the past 7 years.
13. I am thankful for having fun co-workers. They make the day a lot more enjoyable. Most days they help it go by faster.
14. I am thankful for girls week ends. It is so refreshing to have a dedicated week end to catch up each month.
15. I am thankful for chocolate on of my few vices.
16. I am thankful for willpower.
17. I am thankful to live somewhere where there are four seasons. Each season has something special about it that I enjoy. In the spring I love witnessing the rebirth of nature. In the summer I love seeing green grass, green trees, and beautiful flowers. In the fall I love watching the colors of the leaves change. In the winter I love (and hate) watching the snow fall.
18. I am thankful for the internet. I appreciate all the information I can access at my fingertips.
19. I am thankful to have clean water to drink.
20. I am thankful to have access to healthcare.
21. I am thankful for sleeping children. It gives me time to unwind and get a few things done around the house.
22. I am thankful for having a washer and a dryer.
23. I am thankful for having a dishwasher. I despise washing dishes by hand.
24. I am thankful that I realized that reading for pleasure is pleasurable. It helps me unwind and get through cardio in the fitness center.
25. I am thankful for social events. I love talking to people.
26. I am thankful for a the friends who let me vent. With out you I would be a big stress ball.
27. I am thankful for all the words of encouragement I have received in my life. With out them I would not be where I am today.
28. I am thankful for my husband. With out him, I would not understand my strength or have two beautiful daughters.
29. I am thankful that I am 29 give or take a few years.
30. I am thankful to each of you who read and are inspired by this blog.