Saturday, June 30, 2012

You know what they say about planning

If you fail to plan; you plan to fail.  I feel that is what I am doing now.  DH and I have come to a stalemate over shopping and cooking. I come home from work exhausted not wanting to cook or figure out what to make (not in that order).

We have a vacation planned in our future.  This has brought on some anxiety on my part.  Seeing a recent gain on the scale this week and knowing that this is what happens when I don't plan.  While I know some of our meals will be in restaurants I do have some knowledge to help me make better decisions on meals.  With that said, I have planned to make a trip to Costco prior to leaving.  I will buy bottled water, PPV and car friendly snacks, and ingredients to make breakfasts and lunches to keep bad decision making to a minimum. 

A co-worker recently went on a cross country road trip.  She is one of the most frugal people I know.  She said they kept dining out to a minimum by having a cool packed with bottled water, snacks, and things to make lunches.  I assume they had a lot of picnic type meals while they were traveling.  What a wonderful way to enhance your travel experience?  We have planned to spend a lot of time at parks on our vacation, so this is definitely a wonderful solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment