Thursday, January 6, 2011

I may need a GPS for this

This week I started working on a road map for my journey.  I thought my journey was just about getting exercise and eating healthfully.  In the research I am doing I am finding that it is about so much more.  My original longterm goal was to be healthy, but I need balance too.  I need to find my sense of self.  That has been my biggest frustration the past 3-4 years.  Aftter becoming a mother of two I lost who I was.  Why should I be identified strictly as one of my daughter's mom?  It is fine in daycare, ballet class or school settings.  Things that are about my children.

That is where I got off my course - when I let myself go completely to the three other people in my family.  I am really having a struggle reclaiming myself. 

Now, I need to tackle keeping myself accountable.  Friday is going to be my reporting day.  Tomorrow is my first day.  I am optimistic.  There are things I could do better, but also I put forth more effort than I have since this summer.

Onto my goals for the week.
1. I will strength train 2x this week.
2. I will drink 64 oz of water everyday.
3. I will have fun at the ballet recital.

No comments:

Post a Comment